Skip to main content

Mission "To New Beginnings":

© The Sanniah Experience! (TSE)

By Sanniah Hassan

So I have been missing from my blog for a while. Life has been super busy so I haven't had time to read or write anything... felt glum and down, felt unworthy too at times, however, since I have been trying hard to hold onto my faith it has helped me maintain my sanity through it all.

Finally, I have decided that I need to set aside some much-needed me-time! and that is exactly what I'm going to do from now onwards.

This reminds me that although people usually come up with new years resolutions for this purpose of growing, I will just suffice with finding a #NewMe thereby, I should just have #NewMeResolutions. So here goes a list of things I wish to aspire towards.

Things to Strive For!

Of course, there is a list. Why wouldn't there be? But in the spirit of being optimistic and realistic, I'm not aiming too high at the moment. So for now I am going to go with baby steps. 
Start small. 1 paragraph or 1 page is ideal then build up to more. 

1. Write. Write. Write. 

About anything and everything. If I come across a quote I like or something that particularly speaks to me, I should try to pursue it by writing about it. One line, one paragraph, one page. No limits. Just write. Write as much as I can, till I can get back to my pace.

2. Read then Write. Read then Write.

Promise myself that I should read something, anything. Even if I read a paragraph, a page, or a chapter. I should focus on constantly engaging my mind. Once I have gotten back to that routine, I can focus better on the writing part as well.

3. Introduce Some Physical Activity. 

Let's be honest, while most of us think that just getting up to get a glass of water or something to eat is a nice way of living with our undeniable illusions of grandeur, it's not at all what it's cut out to be. So, here I am talking about actual physical exertion [difficult, I know]. Perhaps walking, perhaps Zumba, but, at least something.

4. Get Nutty!

While some form of exercise would help get me into shape physically, I need proper emotional and mental stimulus as well... and that is where things should get nutty. Promise myself that I will eat an almond or two, if nothing else, every day.

5. Take Naps

So we all know how naps can be a gal's best friend, especially this gal. A well slept me is a happy me, is what I always say. So I should try to take a 10-minute power nap in between every 4 hours of activity. This would boost not only my morale but, also my brain. So Yay Me!

6. Challenge Myself

Use every opportunity to challenge myself. Remember it's never just you against the world. It's always you against yourself, only then do other problems matter.

Let's hope my #NewMeResolutions don't fail me like New Years' Resolutions always do.




Share your thoughts with us in the comments section down below. Or connect with us: 


Instagram: @thesanniahexperience_blog
Facebook: @thesanniahexperience

YouTube: @SanniahExperience

Or reach us by email on:
thesanniahexperience@gmail.com

Comments

Most Viewed

'Water: A Friend or A Foe?'

© The Sanniah Experience! (TSE)  An Analysis of Taufiq Rafat's Poetry By Sanniah Hassan  Everything in this world is symbolic of the human race, objects, or ideas representative of a phenomenon. It is no different with water be it in literature or real life. As humans, we take water to mean something or the other at all times whether literal or figurative, regardless of the geographical or mental constraints. Writers through the years have always been somewhat intrigued by it as a source of survival, of life et cetera. They have always used it as a step toward progress or a foreshadowing of hard times, from Donne to Hemingway, from Shamsie to Hosseini, writers cannot help but be amazed at it. Similarly, Taufiq Rafat a remarkable South Asian poet is no different. He beautifully takes the image of water and employs it in his poetry to create nothing short of art. This essay strives to discuss whether Rafat’s use of ‘water’ in his works is that of a friend or a foe. Having

Thought Process

© The Sanniah Experience! (TSE) "Shutting off the thought process is not rejuvenating; the minds is like a car battery - it recharges by running." Bill Watterson, American author By Sanniah Hassan Let us wish on a star, up high in the sky. Soar and fly, like a free flying bird. I cannot be tamed, I am a lioness I will not conform, for I am a warrior I am my own boss – I am going to survive! For my rights, I will strive.   I will not surrender. Share your thoughts and feedback with us in the comments down below or connect with us on: 

Walk Down Memory Lane: The Journey of a Hopeful Blogger

© The Sanniah Experience! (TSE) By Sanniah Hassan Reminiscing on my days as a student and laughing at silly typos going, "what was I thinking?" has me rolling back into my shell. Sometimes it takes a little introspection of the self to realize how far we have come. As an individual, a woman, a wife, a daughter, an aspiring writer, and a somewhat reserved human, life can be a roller-coaster of emotions. Lately, I have been thinking about the next big step I should take... too much comes to mind yet not enough time. So much to learn, much too much to unlearn before I can spread my wings and fly into the murky waters of life again. However, on a lighter note, checking out a blog I started for a project back in the day has reminded me of the multiple faces I possess, which if taken care of and nurtured properly can bloom into a beautifully strong and independent woman (hopefully wiser for her age!). If you agree that looking back sometimes helps one move forward with gr

From Childhood to Adolescence: A K-Drama Fanatic in the Making!

Posters of some popular K-dramas. No copyright infringement intended. By Sanniah Hassan As kids there are so many things which we love to do but, as we grow up and get busy in our daily lives, as only adults can, we tend to let go of some of those most cherished memories and activities. Recently, in my search of the soul [or my soul to be more precise] I stumbled upon my love for  Japanese Animes and  Korean TV series or as they are popularly referred to, K-dramas. What better way to relive those memories than to re-indulge in my favourite pastime as a child: watching K-dramas. So, I decided to create a list of the top 10 K-dramas [in my opinion of course] that I have recently seen and why.  So without further ado and in no particular order: 1. Goblin /  Guardian: The Lonely and Great God In all honesty, it was this series as well as my sister's insistence that I watch it with her, that made me re-enter the marvellous and dynamic world of the South Korean series once ag

'Ishqiya': Disappointing or Revolutionary?

  #TSEDramaReview! Spoiler alert!   So let's talk about Ishqiya, a Pakistani drama that aired its concluding (double-episode) episode on the 10th of August, 2020. Although we had doubts about it in the beginning, the last episode was really well presented. From going full-circle in addressing all that needed to be highlighted, the ending was truly satisfying. Firstly. Hamza & Hamna though both deserving of the dangerous repercussions accepted their follies and mistakes yet, there was one thing that set them apart. Having gone through the sequence of events Hamna finally learnt that she will have to be patient in working towards redemption while Hamza stayed stuck in the 'fight for love' dilemma. There is a scene in this episode that really resonated with us and that was when Hamza's friend tells him to show restraint and questions his irrational attitude when he says, why do always have to bring in a fight? Why do you always have to talk about a fight? Secondly. We